Drew R. Schield, Ph.D.
Incoming assistant professor in the Department of Biology at University of Virginia (Jan 2024)
- Currently recruiting two PhD students for Fall 2024 - send me an email if interested in applying!
- Interested in doing postdoc in the lab? Please reach out to talk about research ideas and opportunities!
- NSF postdoctoral research fellow (Feb 2020 - present) in the Safran Lab at University of Colorado Boulder
- Postdoctoral researcher (June 2018 - Jan 2020) in the Castoe Lab at University of Texas at Arlington
- Ph.D. – Quantitative Biology, University of Texas at Arlington, 2018
- B.A. – Biology, University of Minnesota, Morris, 2012
- Roles of selection and gene flow in speciation
- Genetics of adaptation
- Sex chromosome evolution
- Genome structure and function
Crater, profile, rattlesnake images on main pages courtesy of Blair Perry.